Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving.

I got back from visiting my family yesterday afternoon, following quite possibly the most sedate Thanksgiving vacation we've ever had. And thank God for that; I didn't want to deal with family drama again this year. My immediate family is fantastic, but the rest are all certifiably insane. Tee came home with me but ended up leaving Friday morning when we drove to the Cape to visit my grandmother. I missed him exceedingly until I saw him Sunday night. We wrapped down the vacation by indulging in the first two episodes of the new season of LOST. We're both fascinated by the show, but I lean more towards the obsessive side of fascination.

Speaking of obsessions, I went to see the new Pride and Prejudice on Saturday with my mom and sister. "Went" is a very loose term, since I had to be dragged there. What did they expect? I never watch any movie that stars Keira Knightley if I can help it. She's one of the leaders in a new wave of mediocrity and to see her ruin the character that I love best in the world was heartbreaking. Elizabeth Bennett is supposed to be witty, feisty, charming, and more than a touch self-satisfied. She does not snarl, she is not openly hostile. Mr. Darcy is an arrogant, introspective gentleman, not a lovesick, sullen rich boy. The costumes were from the 1770s, certain musical instruments/musical techniques hadn't been invented when the movie took place, and Keira Knightley was horrible! As I said to my sister, the movie didn't disappoint me -- it was exactly as bad as I thought it would be.

That concludes my rant...I just had to get it out of my system. I didn't get much knitting accomplished over the vacation, thanks to a rather vindictive cat (goodbye, Nordic Mitten), but I'm planning on finishing up the sleeves for my mother's Lace Leaf Pullover tonight and then seaming them tomorrow. As for right now, adventures with the Bursar's Office!

3 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Sorry to hear your kitty kicked your knitting's ass--mine get a little overzealous with yarn playing themselves.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous kristen said...

haha aw, i dont think im going to see p&p. im not really too interested. :(

i havent seen LOST yet, either. ive heard its good! i should get on that. im still working on desperate housewives. :/

1:50 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Hey, Bee. Of course you can link my blog on your site. As long as I can link yours on mine :)
I know exactly what you mean about family holiday drama. LOST is awesome, I watch it every Wed! Be warned the first few episodes of season 2 get a little tedious. But it gets better. KK doesn't bother me too much, but you don't seem to be the only one who thinks she was out of place in P&P. I'm waiting for the DVD to offer my opinion.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home