Sunday, February 19, 2006

Progress Report

The Knitting Olympics is an amazing phenomenom. With only a week left to go, I'm wondering if I can measure up, but I've been swept away by the talent and excitement that everyone is exhibiting. Even if I don't finish, I can't wait to see what everyone else has done.

That said, since my last update, I've frogged the entire stocking twice, and ripped back at least three inches three more times. I'm starting to get a little worried; I'm less than halfway through the first stocking and there's only a week left. Thank the Lord that we have a three day weekend!

After frogging everything for the second time, I power-knit through three hours of Law and Order: SVU and managed to recoop my losses.

Norwegian Stocking, 02/18/06

Norwegian Stocking, 02/18/06

Norwegian Stocking, 02/18/06

I'm still in love with this pattern, luckily. I'll be working on it all night, as Tee and I immerse ourselves in the usual Sunday Movie Night -- this week, Bride and Prejudice and Aliens. Yes, the nice people at Hollywood Video are afraid of us.

I've managed to knock off my own Odessa, pattern by the lovely Grumperina. It's a relaxing, soothing knit, perfect for working on while answering calls from irate frat guys.

Odessa

I apologize for my lack of makeup, consciousness, etc.


I've really got to focus on the stockings...I want to be through the first stocking and into the second by Tuesday. With tomorrow off, it's completely doable. I just need to focus. Focus. FOCUS!

Odessa 2

Oh damn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

That hat is cute. It kind of reminds me of Clapotis.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Good luck with the socks! They look great so far. You still have plenty of time for a come back! I also dig the modified Odessa. I like it better without the beads. :)

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home