Monday, March 20, 2006

Know Your Onion!

I'm more than a little embarrassed at how long it's been since I updated. I had originally planned to make this blog an almost-daily update on my crafty endeavors, but I've rather gloriously failed. Life took over in a big way.

Thankfully, everything has been worked out with my financial situation. I work an IT position, so I know that I'm more aware than most about how insidious this type of damage can be. It was still terrifying to watch my personal information snatched away.


I haven't been idle, though. I've been dragging myself through an insanely boring course on American literature (bane of my existence), an honors writing course, and two French classes. I'm so glad that this week is Spring Break...even if I'm working eight hour days the whole time! On Friday, my mom and I are taking a girls' trip to Boston -- we'll go to the MFA, Windsor Button, A Good Yarn, the Pourhouse...I can't wait!


I finished Lady Eleanor from
Scarf Style
last week.

Lady Eleanor
The Lady herself, after three balls.


Lady Eleanor
In what can only be called a knitting frenzy, I knit up six balls in one weekend.


Lady Eleanor
She looked so lovely reclining that I couldn't bring myself to take any pictures of me wearing her -- not yet, at least!


Lady Eleanor
She's big beyond all sense.

Project Stats:
Project: Lady Eleanor Stole from
Scarf Style

Yarn Used: Noro Kureyon in #124, ten skeins.
Needles: Addi Turbos, size 7, 32" circular.
Modifications/notes: Instead of casting on 56 stitches, I only cast on 49. Believe me, if I hadn't, this lady would have turned into a blanket. I really advise using at least a 29" circular needle to knit this project, otherwise the sheer weight will have your hands and wrists aching after the first three balls. I also substituted my preferred increase (k1fb) for the M1 from the pattern. Sometimes there is a visible difference, but luckily I didn't run into that and I avoided some really unslightly holes in the fabric.


Honestly? I adore this project. It was soothing to knit, especially on Addi Turbos, and I loved watching the color subtly change from one block to another. Tres Chic Veronique made Lady E in the exact same Noro colorway...I can't say that I blame her. It's gorgeous, with bright jewel tones standing out against cool, muted grey-blues. I have four more skeins of #124 coming to me soon -- I'm planning on making a felted knitting bag with them.



As for current WIPs, I've restarted the Norwegian stockings, have a seemingly unending parade of socks in my knitting bag, and am still hammering out the designs for my vest and hat patterns. It's going to be a productive Spring Break!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

There she is! I'm glad you were able to work things out with your ID theft situation. I'm impressed with all that's on your plate you finished a Lady Eleanor. It's look lovely. I really like the colorway. :)

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Your Secret Pal 7 said...

Oh, My! Bee you have been working really fast and it looks just adorable!!! Loving it! I hope it keeps you warm in all that cold weather up north!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home