Thursday, March 30, 2006

Yarn For Breakfast

Lately, I've been waking up about half an hour before I need to get up, and I treasure that little bit of time before Tee and I need to get ready for our day in earnest. I can read knitting blogs, write emails, have a full breakfast, or knit a few rows on my latest project in early morning sunlight. It's lovely.

Our apartment is in the basement of our landlords' home. We get an enormous amount of sunlight for where we live, but I've discovered that I can take my best pictures of my projects in that half hour before Tee gets up and I have to get ready for school. So, a new series begins: Yarn For Breakfast!

Today's main course: Grumperina's Jaywalker socks, served up fresh and tasty.

Jaywalker, Part the First


Jaywalker

I've become quite devoted to the Magic Loop technique. It wasn't very fluid at first, and I had a hard time getting used to not pulling my stitches tight to close up any gaps at the joins, but now I find it just as convenient and useful as using 5 DPNS (my usual number). I'm using Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Tropical Storm -- my mom will eventually be the recipient of these beauties.

I think it also bears mentioning that after my midterm (American Identities in Literature...ugh, Melville and Thoreau!), I skipped class to play disc out by the campus pond. It's so, so gorgeous out! I love New England.

EDIT: I'll be taking part in the April 1st Flash Your Stash fun. I couldn't decide what button to use...so here are my two favorites.

sorortiyflashstash
This one is appropriate, considering that my college is better known as "ZooMass".


maudeflashstash
Bea Arthur, I love you.

Who else is taking part in Flash Your Stash? I know Cathy is, but there has to be more of you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

I wish I had the motivation to wake up early! Nice colors on the socks there.

And the Fit to Be Tied clutch is from the Happy Hooker. It's a great book for crocheting and if you don't know how yet the instructions are top notch. Tons of cute patterns...I never thought I would like crocheting as much as knitting!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

The first button is the greatest hands down. Your stash is very impressive. I love the colors you choose. I've been meaning to try some Lamb's Pride. I always hear such good things about it.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home