Saturday, April 01, 2006

Flashing My Stash!

Since Tee is in Boston, I could flash my stash without him walking around with an indulgent smirk on his face. However, he should know better than to be smug -- after all, he's addicted to World of Warcraft!

Without further ado, here I go, flashing my stash!


First, I decided to organize my stash. This was a catastrophic decision and in order to escape from the chaos, I ran away and started to clean the kitchen. THAT'S HOW OVERWHELMED I WAS.

Stash Insanity

Stash Insanity.


After recovering and finishing the organization, I managed to find my favorites. It was quite an experience, going through my stash and remembering for what I had bought each skein of yarn. I found a few balls of yarn without labels at the bottom of one of the baskets from my first few weeks of knowing how to knit; I had gotten them with no idea of what to do with them. Now, two years later, turning them over in my hands, I started to invision designs for them: a delicate capelet, an airy netting to hang instead of curtains. I never thought I'd be able to design my own pieces when I first started knitting, but there isn't a pattern I knit today that I don't make modifications to, even if I'm just changing the size. It surprised me, to be honest, to suddenly recognize tangible proof of having grown.


Speaking of designing...
Knitpicks Merino Style
Knitpicks Merino Style, destined to become a super-secret design for one of my friends, whose band is going on tour and has asked me to create some custom pieces for her. Exciting!


Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport
Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport, for the Nordic Mittens in IK's Winter 2004 issue. I need to order more of the Plumberry main color, but that can wait until I'm ready to knit these up next fall.


Dyeing Yarns
Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, Knitpicks Paint Your Own Merino Laceweight, and Dale of Norway Baby Ull. I'm starting to experiment with different dyeing techniques and these are my favorite yarns for experimentation.


Sock Yarn
My sock yarn stash. I have a slight addiction to sock yarn. My substantially reduced stash includes Knitpicks Simple Stripes, Invicta Coloris, Jaeger Matchmaker, Koigu, and Cherry Tree Hill. The last two are the yarns that take my addiction, inject it with pure adrenalin, and take me into the "obsessive fan" realm.


Reynolds Saucy Sport
Reynolds Saucy Sport for the Peppermint Stripe Sweater in Stitch 'n Bitch. I started this project last February, but between gauge problems and school, I put it away and only rediscovered it today!


Noro Kureyon #124
One of my absolute favorite yarns, Noro Kureyon in colorway 124. These skeins are the result of me over-estimating when I ordered the yarn for my Lady Eleanor stole. They'll become a felted knitting bag or a modified Boobholder.


Brown Sheep
Lamb's Pride yarns -- I can't say enough good things about them. I have several leftover skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky from when I made the Fairly Easy Fair Isle cardigan from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation. I have a cardigan pattern in mind for them, but since it's getting gradually warmer, it'll probably wait until next fall. The Lamb's Pride Worsted skeins are gifts from my second Secret Pal, and I'm planning a cute Fair Isle hat/mitten combo for them. This picture proves that I would have done quite well with March's Project Spectrum color choice! I will never, ever grow out of my pink stage.


Here's the entire stash, neatly arranged and cuddled together. Think of it as a sort of cast bow for my stash!
Stash!


I've loved looking at everyone's stashes -- it's inspiring and I've got plenty of new projects that I want to knit! If you haven't already, check out Knit and Tonic's Flash Your Stash entry. It's awe-inspiring!


I also finally got around to taking a picture of myself wearing Lady Eleanor.
Lady Eleanor



I should be finished with the first Jaywalker sock tonight...but only if I get started knitting now! So, it's off to spend an evening with Peter Parker. Hey, if my superhero isn't here, I have to find a replacement!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bertha said...

Wow! Nice stash! I like your sock yarns! And your Lady Elanor came out beautiful!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Great sock yarn stash!
And what a lovely Lady E... Of course, you know I truly understand the beauty of Kureyon 124 ;)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

That is one pretty wrap!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Wow, your sock yarn stash is amazing!!

Oh & your lady E is divine! I love the pose in it!!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home